Re: CSS2 spec unreadable

Tethys wrote:
> "Ian B. Jacobs" writes:
>

>>Unfortunately, our policy prevents us from changing the already
>>published document.
>

> Hmmm. I can see why, yet this is purely a presentational change.
> Isn't the point of CSS to separate content from presentation, so
> that presentation can be changed without affecting the content?
> Adding anchor styles to "styles/default.css" would in no way
> change the spec, but *would* make it more readable in some cases.

The background image is in the .html (not specified with style
sheets). W3C's policy is currently that we don't change
published specifications, for archival reasons.

> Surely in the CSS spec of all places, this should have been:

> in the first place :-)

...except that most user agents didn't support this feature
(I believe) on the day we published the Recommendation so
it would not have worked...

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447