Re: W3C Graph Data Workshop trip report

Hugh,

I agree with Juan that these are questions for step 9:-)

However, one data point: as far as I can see and understand, the Property Graph model does not put the kind of emphasis RDF does on the usage of URI-s for the nodes and links. You can, of course, use a URI for the identification of nodes, but I would expect that the practice is to add a URL as 'label' to a node or a link.

The discussions on PG<->RDF at the workshop concentrated on ways to add such labels to RDF predicates, but you are right that the role of URL-s must be looked at as well…

Cheers

Ivan

> On 11 Mar 2019, at 23:03, Hugh Glaser <hugh@glasers.org <mailto:hugh@glasers.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi Juan,
> Many thanks.
> I know this is the SemWeb group; although the thing that interests me is Linked Data, which is sort of related.
> I don't want to cross-post, so I'll just ask here.
>
> So was there anyone at the workshop interested in Linked Data?
>
> Specifically how LD-style URIs relate to PGs and Neo4J?
> That is, PGs relating to the core LD stuff: resolvable and globally addressable IDs.
> I see little or no mention of IDs, URIs or anything like that, and any implications that would have for the PG technologies.
>
> Is no-one interested in that?
> I would have asked in person, but sadly I was not chosen to be invited ;-) - I'm guessing because such interests are not widely shared (I never saw the criteria for choosing invitees).
>
> Or maybe everyone understands it all, and it isn't a big issue - if so, can anyone point my at a simple exposition of the issues please?
>
> Best
> Hugh
>
>> On 8 Mar 2019, at 18:42, Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com <mailto:juanfederico@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> I wrote my trip report on the W3C Graph Data workshop: http://www.juansequeda.com/blog/2019/03/08/w3c-graph-data-workshop-trip-report/ <http://www.juansequeda.com/blog/2019/03/08/w3c-graph-data-workshop-trip-report/>
>>
>> It was a successful event! In a nutshell
>> – There is a unified and vibrant graph community.
>> – A W3C Business Group will be formed and serve as a liaison between different interested parties.
>> – There is a push for RDF*/SPARQL* to be a W3C Member submission.
>> – There is interest to standardize a Property Graph data model with a schema.
>> – There is interest to standardize mappings between Property Graphs and RDF.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Juan
>>

>> --
>> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D