Re: Blank nodes as predicates Re: Blank Nodes Re: Toward easier RDF: a proposal

On 11/22/2018 7:31 PM, Nathan Rixham wrote:
> blank node identifiers in a surface syntax are a pita, issue causing,
> troublesome, discussion causing, skolemization causing
>
> as for blank nodes themselves, I see no issue personally, or reason to
> preclude them from any position in a triple - I'd rather have no IRI
> than a useless one.
>
> I can't remember ever seeing somebody say I want to have two json
> objects in a document that are the same json object but encoded and
> presented as two in that document, using some random identifier only
> valid to this serialization of the data to allow me to see they should
> be considered the same document, with x,y,z rules to combine them
> together and deserialize then reserialize, perhaps with skolemization of
> ... please no.

For that matter, elements in an XML document are not intrinsically
identified, just named (which amounts to giving them a type).  Each
instance of an element is normally considered to have a separate
identity.  Works fine there.