Re: rdfs:subClassOf and XSD derivation by restriction

On 3/6/18 1:40 PM, Richard Smith wrote:
> Pat Hayes wrote:
>
>>> I'm sure it's intended that the lexical space, value space and
>>> lexical-to-value mapping of these types for the purpose of RDF
>>> is the same as their lexical space, value space and lexical
>>> mapping as defined in XSD.
>>
>> Yes. The RDF 1.1 semantics is explicit about this. If you
>> recognize these datatypes, they must be used in exact
>> conformity with the XSD specs.
>
> My point was perhaps a rather pedantic one: nothing says the what
> RDF calls a lexical-to-value mapping is that same thing that XSD
> calls a lexical mapping.

Ah. Good point. Perhaps we should have said this explicitly. To
be honest, I don't think I ever noticed the different
terminologies here. We took over the terminology
"lexical-to-value mapping" from the earlier 2004 RDF specs
without change, and nobody in the intervening decade seems to
have noted the slight disparity with the XSD terminology.

Pat
call or text to 850 291 0667
www.ihmc.us/groups/phayes/
www.facebook.com/the.pat.hayes