Re: Is there a "has" predicate?

On 3/8/2018 5:19 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Thanks Dan.  Perhaps my use case may shed some more light.
>
> Distributed ledger technology is a hot topic right now, and I was
> thinking that a "has" predicate could be used to create a distributed
> ledger.
>
> <Alice> has 10^^<#satoshis>
> <Bob> has 20^^<#satoshis>

It seems that you would want to have a "ledger" or "ledger_entry" class.
  It could have a predicate "owner" (e.g., Alice or Bob), and another
"current_balance" (e.g., 10^^<#satoshis>).  I'm sure it would end up
having many more predicates, too!

A distributed ledger would have many ledger_entries.  I think one large
challenge would be truth maintenance, since the various entries could
presumably be changed by different parties in some uncontrolled way.
What if you ended up with incompatible chains of transactions?

"has" just won't cut it as a useful predicate here.

TomP