Re: Is there a "has" predicate?

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 23:19:27 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 8 March 2018 at 16:49, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> has...
>
> - two shopping bags (in her hands right now)
> - measles
> - a headache
> - an idea
> - regrets
> - a timeshare villa in spain
> - brown hair
> - a phd in pharmacology
> - enemies
> - a red car
> - an illustrated copy of Euclid's Elements
> - a movie ticket for next tuesday
>
> etc etc
>
> We have an infrastructure now that lets us use dedicated vocabulary for
> many diffferent situations. "has" is so general I can't see how you'd make
> use of it. Perhaps there is a more restricted sense (like "is currently
> carrying" for physical items, or "owns") that would be more actionable
> information?

Thanks Dan.  Perhaps my use case may shed some more light.

Distributed ledger technology is a hot topic right now, and I was thinking
that a "has" predicate could be used to create a distributed ledger.

<Alice> has 10^^<#satoshis>
<Bob> has 20^^<#satoshis>

Indeed it would be possible to create a payment using a PATCH in this way,
creating a truly scalable distributed / decentralized ledger.

Perhaps 'owns' is a better term here, tho im not sure

Question 1 is:

<Alice> has 10^^<#satoshis>

the same as

<Alice> <#satoshis> 10 # probably not as 10 would be xsd:int

Question 2 is:

<Alice> has 10^^<#satoshis>, 20^^<#satoshis>

legal?

You want to avoid having multiple balances you see.  And if its possible to
avoid without SHACL / ShEx that would be a simplification.