RE: RDF viewer

Graphic ontology visualization is important for both ontology technical developers (code writers) and for allowing domain experts to easily evaluate the validity of statements. So, it is mutually beneficial for graphic ontology visualization developers and ontology technical developers to work together in support of one another. One way ontology technical developers could help in this area is to take care  in the design their ontology structure to cleanly breakout separate domains of interest. When the ontology becomes too large for a reasonable graphic representation of the entire ontology, it is likely that a graphical representation of a specific domain of interest could still be of great value to both ontology technical developers and domain experts.

John Flynn
http://semanticsimulations.com

From: Simon.Cox@csiro.au [mailto:Simon.Cox@csiro.au]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2017 8:04 PM
To: dsr@w3.org; j_hees@cs.uni-kl.de
Cc: brent.shambaugh@gmail.com; semantic-web@w3.org
Subject: RE: RDF viewer

Ø  in others the diagrams get too complicated and isn’t of value.

Yep – I find that any diagram with more than around 20 resources shown becomes quite hard to deal with.
In olden times we dealt with this using an A0 plotter.
These days I think some kind of temporary graph selection is needed.
General purpose ‘show it all’ solutions are kinda hopeless.

Simon Cox