RDF constraint language (was Re: An alternative RDF)

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:00:36 +0100
To: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
CC: Victor Porton <porton@narod.ru>, SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Just to jump in on this...

On 10/07/2014 03:58, Juan Sequeda wrote:
[..]

> Are you looking for something like Integrity Constraints ala relational
> world? If so, then RDF as-is is not the tool for you. I know that there are
> some extensions that do support integrity constraints in RDF:
> http://docs.stardog.com/icv/--

We (W3C) are close to seeking member approval for a new WG that will
define a standard for just such a constraint language. Nothing definite
yet but hopes are high that the draft charter at
http://www.w3.org/2014/rds/charter will be taken up. That document links
to some member submissions that are helping to drive the conversation.

The doc also includes a link to the mailing list where it's being discussed.

Cheers

Phil.

--

Phil Archer