Re: Ontology for Restaurants

It depends on the sort of questions you expect to be answering and who
is going to be using the ontology. You might be able to define an
ontology that can give you logical connections between restaurants
that serve pizza and pizza restaurants, but that's unlikely to be very
useful to anybody and, besides, the first is a superset of the second.
To be useful you certainly need to have a structure that allows
logical queries, but that's simply a given, rather than what you need
to establish a sensible and useful ontology.

Vocabularies for menus are widely available with simple google
searches. Here are two examples:

https://www.mrd.com/browse

http://www.constantia-uitsig.com/media/download_gallery/CU%20MENU.pdf

I think that a useful ontology would allow somebody to create a query
that would return results from both sort of establishment and allow
comparisons to make decisions on the best one to use for a particular
requirement.

--
Peter Brooks, Fellow in Service Management (FSM)®

Tel: +27 21 447 9752
Mobile: +27 82 717 6 404