Re: Ontology for Restaurants

I like this idea because it has a well-defined and, I hope, fairly
narrow scope. So it might be excellent for educational purposes in
ontology as well as actually useful for restaurant comparisons and
reviews one day.

I'll be embarking on an architecture and ontology exercise very soon
(the details are here if anybody is interested: http://ow.ly/mTZex ),
so this might be a good sample of the sort of development process
required to help those attending who are not so familiar with
ontology.

My intention was to use the 'dot' language (grapviz) as the
development tool during the fact-to-face sessions because it is really
quick and easy to work with as well as giving good, quick, graphical
representation. This should help, too, in decomposing the top-level
architecture into digestible chunks.

These 'dot' files can then be translated to JSON and, if necessary, to OWL.

My intention, after that, was to define Ada packages for the
architecture and ontology to enable ease of use by those interested in
reliable software infrastructure and to enable an enterprise service
bus (like TIECO / SOA).

Would that approach interest you?

--
Peter Brooks, Fellow in Service Management (FSM)®

Tel: +27 21 447 9752
Mobile: +27 82 717 6 404