Semantic Web technology for consumer product reviews

From: Daniel Fleming <daniel.fleming@study.beds.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:41:20 +0000
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Dear Colleagues,

I'm interested in the input of enterprise-scale implementors.

I'm conducting research for the University of Bedfordshire with the aim
of developing a software system using
Semantic Web standards that would automatically read consumer product
reviews (i.e. Amazon product reviews)
and automatically determine customers' happiness/satisfaction based on
their product review comments.

The proposed solutions could also apply to other sources of opinion found
online, such as blog comments, forum posts, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how to implement such a system?

I have also deployed two questionnaires and would appreciate it if you
could take about 3 minutes of your time to complete them.
Your answers will be completely anonymous.

You can access the two questionnaires here:-

*Developers' questionnaire:*

*General IT user questionnaire:*

Kind regards