RE: relational data as a bona fide member of the SM

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:00:50 +0200 (EET)
To: "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>
cc: Semantic Web List <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 2011-11-03, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:

> Check out http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2rq/ and
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/.

Thanks for the links, I will check them out again, just to be sure. But
at least for now, I see them as a form of reification of 2+ arity data
into RDF, whereas what I've been wondering about is the lack of
fundamentally n-ary formats, where RDF's named binary (ternary?) one is
just a special case. I mean, everybody who's ever done real work must
already understand the basic problem with binary, named relations: they
simply make your query and update language nasty, and also subliminally
guide you to use substandard physical storage organization.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2