Re: URI in a URI

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 12:41:37 +0000
To: Vincent Huang A <vincent.a.huang@ericsson.com>
CC: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Vincent Huang A wrote:
> Can I have a URI in another URI definition?
>
> For example, if I want to give a name to a temperature service coming from a sensor, can I say:
> http://example.com/sensors/sensor1/services#http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/2.1/propTemperature

well now, that's just one, valid, URI :) so long as it conforms to the
syntax restrictions then you're fine.

note: be clear on the fact that it's only one URI though, not two URIs,
or a "URI in a URI", and that #fragments have certain restrictions (see
[1]), as in you can't have a '#' in a fragment.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3.5

Best,

Nathan