Re: RDFa and RDF API, or Semweb and JavaScript

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:40:03 +0100
To: Denny Vrandecic <denny.vrandecic@kit.edu>
CC: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Denny Vrandecic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently read the RDFa API [1] and RDF API [2] and quite liked them (nice work there, seriously).

Thanks, from us all :)

> I wanted to ask if there are already decent implementations of those in JavaScript?

Have a node.js and browser compatible RDF API implementation ready to
put on github over the weekend if that would help.

> Related, did anyone go through the hassle of writing an OWL API client and SPARQL protocol abstraction layer (client) for JavaScript?

Not yet, although looking at it and discussing on the OWL mailing list,
unsure re SPARQL but it would be great to see one defined as an
extension to the RDF API soon. (anybody interested??)

> Also related, I assume no one is planning a SPARQL query engine or an OWL reasoner in JavaScript?

I'm planning both in the near future, if anybody wants to help out or
already has some ground work done then do say.

Do note, there are quite a few other javascript libraries already being
used, webackplanejs and rdfquery spring to mind.

Best,

Nathan