Re: indoor / interior ontology

Dear Martin

"Your suggestion is harmless for Philipp as a scholar, but potentially
harmful for other "silent" subscribers on this list, because using the
service you advocate for locating an ontology IS BAD ADVICE."

Your comments are harmless for me as a scholar, but potentially harmful for
other "silent" subscribers on this list because most of your opinionated
comments are completely out of context and misinformed -at best. It seems to
me you are very quick at typing in the name of others; it could probably be
a GOOD ADVICE not to talk on behalf of those who have not named u their
speaker. Philip in this case, as far as I know, may decide for him self as a
scholar and SW practitioner if something is of his interest or not, useful
for his purposes or not, etc.

"Everybody on this list should be aware of the fact that giving
recommendations of tools, ontologies, or related work may have an impact on
the perception of Semantic Web technology in practice if the resource
pointed to does not deliver."

May each person on the list decide for him/her self  as to weather or not
 something is useful. I did not know you were the "gatekeeper" of good
practices, deciding for others what is useful and what is not useful. If a
particular tool, ontology or resource in general has to go through your
"review" and then after it has your "seal of approval" then it can be posted
to this mailing list, this is new to me; it was nowhere written in the
subscription policies.

I insist, read carefully the original two emails you have been so quick at
"judging"; and think before typing. As for what is my tool delivering, some
people have already found it useful; the technology upon which it has been
built, bioportal, has also been found useful -but of course you
are entitled to say otherwise just for the sake of having the last word.
 Ours is not a repository that hosts general purpose ontologies, actually
most of them are very specific and are being used by several web services
and software pertaining to the domain of technologies
for supporting assisted living .

I really hope this useless discussion ends here Martin, should u wish to
continue this childish and futile exchange of emails feel free to email me
directly, I am sure you know my email.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org

--
Alexander Garcia