Re: parsing purl.org/media/video

On 7 Jun 2009, at 21:28, Manu Sporny wrote:

> I have been meaning to have a conversation with the PURL team about
> how
> they do URL re-writing for top-level directories.

They're in the process of switching the software they use to power
the purl.org service. (Which seems to be taking a ridiculously long
time to do.) It'd probably be more productive for you to speak to the
people at purlz.org, who are developing the new software, than those
at purl.org.

One of the enhancements that the new software will bring is the
ability to select an HTTP response code for PURLs. (Currently they're
hard-coded as 302.) Though right now purlz.org's software only allows
this for normal redirects, though adding this feature for partial
redirects is on the bug tracker too. (For people not familiar with
purl.org terminology, a partial redirect is essentially string head
matching - i.e. not just "/foo/bar/", but all URLs that *start* "/foo/
bar/".)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>