Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:13:28 -0400
To: Pierre-Antoine Champin <swlists-040405@champin.net>
Cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "semantic-web@w3c.org" <semantic-web@w3c.org>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>
On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 15:50 +0100, Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:
[ . . . ]
> ok, the solutions proposed here (by myself and others) still involve
> editing the .htaccess.

Once again, use of a 303-redirect service such as
http://thing-described-by.org/ or http://t-d-b.org/
does not require *any* configuration or .htaccess editing.  It does not
address the problem of setting the content type correctly, but it *does*
provide an easy way to generate 303 redirects, in conformance with "Cool
URIs for the Semantic Web":
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#r303gendocument

Hmm, I thought the use of a 303-redirect service was mentioned in "Cool
URIs for the Semantic Web", but in looking back, I see it was in "Best
Practice Recipes for Publishing RDF Vocabularies":
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/#redirect
Maybe it should be mentioned in a future version of the Cool URIs
document as well.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
Cleveland Clinic (contractor)