Re: modelling issue?

Hi Paola,

The concepts summarized in the table you found are actually mapped in
the Ontology Definition Metamodel -- http://www.omg.org/spec/ODM/1.0/.
The chapters that provide RDF and OWL (OWL 1) metamodels include
complete MOF metamodels for the abstract syntax of RDF and OWL, which
may be useful, and the chapter that covers the UML profiles for RDF and
OWL shows how one could use UML tools for ontology development, mapping
basic UML notation to both languages (again, only for OWL 1).

The current revision task force, meeting this week at the OMG meeting in
Long Beach, is working towards eliminating remaining issues in the basic
spec, which we hope to finalize at the March meeting.  We then plan to
work towards "upgrading" the specification to support OWL 2, although we
have already been prototyping some features to make sure that there are
no "gotchas" in the basic specification.  I presented a paper on this at
OWLED last month, in fact -- see
http://www.webont.org/owled/2009/papers/owled2009_submission_47.pdf.

Thanks for the reference -- it's great to see that people are finding it
useful.

Elisa