Re: modelling issue?

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:15:48 +0000
To: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>
Following further enquiry into some aspects of this thread
I have come across an interesting (long) paper,

Leveraging Knowledge reuse
and system Agility in the
Outsourcing Era
Igor Crk, University of Arizona, USA
Dane Sorensen,

(Not sure if requires campus level access or anyone can retrieve it, email
if you need a copy and cant access it)

At the very bottom of this paper, page 14,   tables 3 and 4 show RDF
constructs in relation to the MOF (metaobject facility) equivalent

I find this comparison extremely helpful, since it helps me understand RDF
properties in relation to other
contructs I may also be familiar with (Object Model)

I tried to retrieve the same tables from the sources cited in the paper, but
did not find it immediately (didnt search much either)

Wonder if a table like this is a useful cognitive artefact to explain RDF,
and wheter it already exists
somewhere in the spects and I may have missed it before?
(too much info perhaps)

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>wrote:

> During Vocamp Glasgow, I tried to confront my difficulties in identifying
> some domain range of few vocabularies that I started rdfizing as practice,
> and from explosing my questions to a whole range of RDF doctors (thanks
> Norm, Keith, Serge) two things emerged, that i did not know before
> 1) an entity (class, object, subject) does not necessarily have domain
> /range
> Is that so, and what's the rule/ and possibly exceptions/ that can be
> inferred and applied?
> that did not emerge at Vocamp
> 2) Apparently a triple can be of two kinds:
> class:relation:class
>  but also
> class:attribute:value
> Of this i would like some confirmtion (is this right?),
> Finally,  finally, wouldnt' this ambiguity be confusing?
> i dont have a case study for this yet, but if this is true I suspect it
> could cause some possible  logical conflict/ambiguity
> in semantic data model and its implementation
> am I the only one thinking so?
> Are the above points addressed in some RDF tutorial
> please enlighten!
> thanks a lot

Paola Di Maio
The trouble with the world is that the stupid
are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Bertrand Russell