Re: Managing Co-reference (Was: A Semantic Elephant?)

Re: rdfs:sameAs

There are two issues here.

   1. Do we want a weaker relationship than owl:sameAs for expressing
   similarity
   2. If we do, what should we call it

I think we definitely DO need a new relationship. I think calling it
rdfs:sameAs would be terribly confusing, per Jeremy's examples.

I have not given serious thought to what its precise semantics should be, or
what it should be called.  I don't know whether it should be an annotation
property, or a 'real' property in OWL. If the latter, then I think it should
be a super-property of owl:sameAs.

*I propose that this issue be tabled in the OWL 1.1 (or 2.0?) working group.
*

Michael