Re: Thing and Class

Thanks for your example, James.

Here is the RDF translation of your statements.
    JamesLeigh  type  Human
    JamesLeigh  type  Thing
    Human  subClassOf  Thing
    Human  type  Class
    Thing  type  Class
In addition, the RDF specs say (somewhere) that
    Class  subClassOf  Class
    Class  type  Class

Putting these all together in a "hierarchy outline"
<pre>
    Thing
    /    i:JamesLeigh
    /    Human
    //        i:JamesLeigh
    /    Class
    //        i:Thing
    //        i:Human
    //        i:Class
    //        Class
</pre>

So now I ask myself:
are Thing and i:Thing the same?
are Human and i:Human the same?
are Class and i:Class the same?

If these things are all the same,
then the hierarchy has loops.

Does this seem right to you?

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/