rdf in xproc

From: Paul Tyson <phtyson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:02:11 -0500
To: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>, public-sparql-dev@w3.org
CC: ndw@nwalsh.com

XProc [1] is in Last Call, and as it stands has no built-ins for RDF
processing.  Do any in the community agree with me that having some
standard pipeline facilities for RDF processing would be a good thing?

See xproc comment thread on this topic starting at [2].  The chair of
the XProc WG will entertain proposals for a few RDF-related steps to be
added to v1.0, and is looking to the RDF community to spec these out.

This is a request for comments on this topic.  I am also seeking
comments on how best to pursue this (assuming there is enough interest)
so as to provide the XProc WG with a viable proposal in a relatively
short time.

Thanks,
--Paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xproc-20080814/