Re: ODF and semantic web

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:26:55 -0500
To: "Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com>
CC: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsplayer.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, office-metadata <office-metadata@lists.oasis-open.org>

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> Are you *sure*? Unlike elements, an attribute without an explicit
> namespace prefix cannot be namespaced, and those are the only examples
> I've seen.

The prose specification does not include any examples of prefixed usage
(because we were trying not to confuse our principal audience), but the
RDFa attributes are defined as an XHTML M12N-conforming Module.  Such
modules can be defined to export their attribute names in a qualified
form as well as a non-qualified form.  So yes, I am sure that the
implementation is built that way - mostly because I built it [1].
Moreover, XHTML M12N defines this sort of usage in its conformance
definition [2] - in particular clause 5 therein.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070927/#a_xhtmlrdfadtd
(note there is a typo in the comments but the DTD is fine)
[2]
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-modularization-20071002/conformance.html#s_integration_document_type