Re: AW: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:19:31 +0200
To: Valentin Zacharias <Zacharias@fzi.de>
Cc: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@bestweb.net>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@ontolog.cim3.net>, Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>, SW-forum list <semantic-web@w3.org>, semantic_web@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Thanks Valentin: true. The evolution of RIF, how it will develop, is
still subject to lots of discussion, see also

Until RIF evolves and make these things clear, we think that the current
layercake is fine by leaving doors open (without trying to read too much
into a figure like that, one _cannot_ express all possible ideas and
issues into a single figure.) At some point in time we may have to look
at this issue again when we have a clearer image on RIF.

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/