Re: update on vCard edits and The Compromise

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:54:11 +0200
To: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

On 25.07.2007 06:43:45, Garret Wilson wrote:
>rdf:Seq is "simple", eh? ;)
simpler than collections, yes

But is that still around? Still being
officially recommended?
yes

>Frankly, rdf:Seq (with its rdf:_1, rdf:_2, etc.)
>is a worse hack that rdf:List.
to discuss whether it's a beautiful feature will
not be rewarding, I assume. but it it does the trick, is
part of the spec, reasonably compact in rdf/xml, and works
with sparql.

>Maybe we could create properties
>v:email1, v:email2, etc. Oh, wait---if we use v:preferredEmail we're
>essentially doing the same thing, it's just that we lose the ability to
>have a secondary preferred email---it's like having v:email1 without a
>v:email2.
I don't see how that is less ugly than RDF's built-ins.

>Oh, the hacks I have to choose among! When are we just going to fix RDF?
>Can I fix it? Please? Please? ;)
let's not turn this into another pointless thread..

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Nowack
http://bnode.org/