Re: update on vCard edits and The Compromise

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> On 24.07.2007 11:51:56, Garret Wilson wrote:
>
>> name. (The same goes for v:extendedAddress.) Damn RDF! When can RDF just
>> go ahead and say that an rdf:List can hold literals? This irritates me
>> to no end.
>>
> Why don't you just use a simple rdf:Seq? I don't think "closing" is too
> important in this case, and RDF containers are often easier to query than
> collections, too.

rdf:Seq is "simple", eh? ;) But is that still around? Still being
officially recommended? Frankly, rdf:Seq (with its rdf:_1, rdf:_2, etc.)
is a worse hack that rdf:List. Maybe we could create properties
v:email1, v:email2, etc. Oh, wait---if we use v:preferredEmail we're
essentially doing the same thing, it's just that we lose the ability to
have a secondary preferred email---it's like having v:email1 without a
v:email2.

Oh, the hacks I have to choose among! When are we just going to fix RDF?
Can I fix it? Please? Please? ;)

Garret