Re: literals in lists.

Garret Wilson wrote:

> Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> To be clear, an rdf:List can have literals, it's just that
>> parseType=Collection cannot be used with such lists.
>>
>> I'm curious why you prefer rdf:value for this workaround instead of
>> owl:sameAs....

Jeremy's (private) email to me probably contains what Sandro was meaning:

<rdf:Description>
   <eg:prop rdf:parseType="Collection">
      <rdf:Description owl:sameAs="one"/>
      <rdf:Description owl:sameAs="two"/>
      <rdf:Description owl:sameAs="three"/>
   </eg:prop>
</rdf:Description>

Unfortunately, this assumes that the RDF processor is an inference
engine that supports OWL---and provides spurious properties not present
if I were to put literals in a full-syntax rdf:List. (On the other hand,
rdf:value has no set semantics at all---it's not even a hack, but more
like a hack builder.)

Once I assume an inference engine that understands OWL, I might as well
do this:

<rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#value">
  <owl:sameAs rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#sameAs"/>
</rdf:Description>

<rdf:Description>
   <eg:prop rdf:parseType="Collection">
      <rdf:Description rdf:value="one"/>
      <rdf:Description rdf:value="two"/>
      <rdf:Description rdf:value="three"/>
   </eg:prop>
</rdf:Description>

:)

But why, why, why?

I'll stop before this turns into a rant. ;)

Garret