Re: annotea status?

Hi Ralph,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 05:30:23AM -0400, Ralph R. Swick wrote:
<snip>
> >        We have solved it by adding Dublin Core "replaces" and "isReplacedBy"
> >        predicates to the Annotation class. There are other ways of solving
> >        this, but we thought it was the simplest.
>
> I like this solution.  It seems to generalize to all sorts of resources
> and it's easy to add to the model.

    That was the key reason why we decided to go with it.

<snip>
> >    2. Single annotation over multiple documents with multiple contexts.
> >
> >        We have not done anything about this right now. Increasing the
> >        cardinality of 'annotates' and 'context' does not provide a mechanism
> >        to determine which 'context' is associated with which 'annotates'.
>
> We did not consider this use case either.

    Our worry is that these cases are specific to us and not of interest to the
    general community. We suspect not, and if that is the case, it would be
    great to revive the Annotea standard to cover these and maybe other use
    cases.

    regards

Amit

<snip>