looking for a semantically robust API to use as a model for a new rdfstore implementation

From: Aldo Bucchi <aldo.bucchi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:19:31 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Hi all,

I am building an RDF implementation in a proprietary scripting language.

I have run into some design decisions that require some thought... for
instance, which is the correct class hierarchy for the core model
classes?? ( this is an OO language with simple inheritance ).
I have found Sesame's class model quite adequate [1].

But then, I could also base my implementation on Jena, or Redland, or
even a php implementation I ran into a while ago which made a clear
distinction between the statement-centric, resource-centric and
owl-centric parts of its API.

Any recommendations??
rephrased: any API that you have found that is particularly faithful
to the RDF and OWL concepts and abstract data model?

I don't want to implement any inference and will use simple ntriples
io ( this api will be used on light clients and mobiles, it will
basically mirror an rdf graph on a server counterpart ) but I do need
a sound and coherent API to build the rest of the framework ( mostly
UI ) on solid ground.

( for now, sesame is my choice for the statement-centric part of the API... )

[1]http://www.openrdf.org/doc/sesame2/system/ch03.html

Thanks,
Aldo

--