Re: Tag ontology RFC

Seth,
   That's a very interesting visualisation; thank you.
   I'm not sure that an RSS1.0 Item is the same as a Tagging; the
intention of a Tagging is solely to capture the n-ary relationship
between a tag, an agent, a resource, and a date (and anything else),
which together make up a particular tagging of the resource by the
agent. They're certainly similar in some aspects (being dated
annotations of a resource), but I'm not sure if the semantics are
sufficiently similar to warrant the same vocabulary.

   I'm not sure about taggedWithTag at all; I kept it in because it's
simple, but it (being only a triple) doesn't allow us to capture
who/when information, so you have to rely on the tag URI to capture
some of that. Ideally we'd only use the reification, but both
directions make some amount of sense for this simple triple.

   You might well be right about tag being the wrong way round; I
modelled it from a usage point of view, where typically outbound links
are more informative (i.e. "Richard is tagged with 'SemWeb'", allowing
you to discover from a resource the tags to which it is linked), but
conceptually the inverse is more sensible ("this Tagging links 'SemWeb'
to Richard", finding resources from tags). In the real world you'd have
to go both ways, so it's still up in the air.

   I'll have a further look at this in the morning (when I'm sober).

   Thanks,
-R