Re: Tag ontology

Tidepool and storymill makes heavy use of tags.... we're taking a
"build them as islands, then stitch them together approach".

Our Mu schema defines them as local to the user, which is the "build
them as islands" part.  We've thought quite a lot about the "stitch
them together" part, allowing for different users to share common tags,
but you run into many problems, especially when non-technical users are
coming up with the tag names.  Our solution will involve "links" (a Mu
schema class), which will account for the stitching, but this part
isn't ready for prime time.

For more, see:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/foaf-galway/papers/pp/
foaf_to_the_people/