where to look for specified inferences in OWL DL

From: Xavier Noria <fxn@hashref.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:11:14 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Say an OWL DL ontology has a schema with classes D, R, X, and a
property P with domain D and range R. Now x1 and x2 are instances of
X, and I wonder in which way the assertion P(x1, x2) would modify the
model.

A possible approach to figure that out would be to observe what
generates some library like Jena, but where are those rules documented?

-- fxn

"We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on
when it's necessary to compromise."
     -- Larry Wall in comp.lang.perl