Re: ISSUE-19: Advice against using the \'all\' model group

From: Sandy Gao <sandygao@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:34:30 -0500
To: Databinding WG <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>
If anyone is monitoring what the Schema WG is doing, (s)he will notice
that we are trying to improve <all> groups. One of the reasons for doing
this, which I always use, is to help data-binding.

As you mentioned, <all> feels very natural in modelling programming
language constructs. If there are particular restrictions on it that
prevent its meaningful usage, maybe the 2 working groups should try to
work together to resolve them, before we tell the users to give up. (Some
of you will be meeting in Mandelieu soon, which sounds like a great
opportunity for such discussion.)

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
XML Parser Development, IBM Canada