ISSUE-19: Advice against using the \'all\' model group

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:00:42 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-19: Advice against using the 'all' model group

Raised by: Paul Downey
On product: Basic

The input document advises for a collection:

The all model group may appear attractive given programming language techniques
such as introspection or reflection often return items in a random order.
However, there are significant restrictions placed upon all types, not least an
element cannot have a maxOccurs value greater than 1.
The Unique Particle Attribution (UPA) constraint prevents a model group of all
 from being extended, either by containing an any element wildcard, being
incorporated in a substitution group or derived using extension or restriction.

Should we carry this advice into our Basic Patterns?