ISSUE-18: Schema Authoring Styles

From: Databinding Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:57:24 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-xsd-databinding@w3.org

ISSUE-18: Schema Authoring Styles

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/18

Raised by: Paul Downey
On product: Basic

Our input document suggests using the 'venetian blind' style of schema
authoring, that is using named complexType types.

This originates from personal experience with early tools which had difficulty
with anonyous, nested elements and complexTypes.

Is this advice something we should carry into the Basic patterns, possibly
allowing other patterns in the Advanced specification, or are a mixture of
elements, types named and anonymous likely to give a good experience with
databinding tools?