Going from LC to PR - wait for 60 days exclusion period?

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 15:04:56 +0000
To: <tlr@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Thomas

Looking at the patent policy, I think it says there is a 60 day exclusion period after Last Call (it is 90 for FPWD).

This suggests that upon start of Last Call (e.g. publication), there must be a minimum of 60 days before a PR transition request may be made.

The relevant text from the patent policy is  "by using this exclusion procedure within 60 days after the publication of the Last Call Working Draft [PROCESS, section 7.4.2]. "

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-exclusion-with

Thomas, can you please confirm the interpretation that we must wait 60 days from the Last Call publication before making a PR transition request?

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG