W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > June 2012

Re: Encryption 1.1 interop Qs

From: Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 18:22:03 +0000
To: Pratik Datta <pratik.datta@oracle.com>, "public-xmlsec@w3.org" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CBF90B77.233AB%cantor.2@osu.edu>
On 6/9/12 1:59 PM, "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
>
>If it's not a lot of trouble for you, generating that same test case using
>SHA-1 in the DigestMethod would be appreciated, that way I know what to
>spend my time on.

Sorry, I was mixing up my test cases. The one I was having trouble with is
the first one that's labeled AES128-GCM with a 2048 bit RSA key inside
OAEP with MGF1 and SHA-1 as a digest:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-core-11/test-cases/files/cipher
Text__RSA-2048__aes128-gcm__rsa-oaep-mgf1p.xml

That one is pretty vanilla, but my code is failing on the key decrypt. Why
I got confused when you asked is that I just noticed the test case page
pointing to that test case claims that it's using SHA-256 in the
DigestMethod:

rsa-oaep-mgf1p
Digest:SHA256, MGF:SHA1
PSource: None


That doesn't match the test case. So I'm still wondering if something is
wrong with the test case. Either way the description doesn't match the
test case, so one of them's wrong.

FWIW, I did try altering the DigestMethod in the test case to SHA-256, and
that still wouldn't decrypt for me.

-- Scott
Received on Saturday, 9 June 2012 18:22:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 9 June 2012 18:22:30 GMT