W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > September 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-09-14

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:50:34 +0200
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <265F2297-91FF-4C64-A7D1-117A9796E967@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting #81, 14 September  2010  Distributed Meeting

Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review, Meeting  Planning, Liaisons, Announcements

1a) updated roadmap, please review http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Sep/0004.html (Frederick)

1b) TPAC registration and planning

Please complete WG questionnaire: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/tpac2010xmlsec/

If attending remember to complete TPAC registration (separate from WG questionnaire)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

Have requested polycom and flip chart, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC10_av/results#xAV-resp

ACTION-652, tlr to  request conference bridge

1c) meeting planning

Note, meetings on 5, 12 October cancelled, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Sep/0006.html

Also plan to cancel 9 November (week after F2F), and 23 November.

1d) Widget Signature test case review and help

"Opera would like to announce the first release of the test suite for the  Digital Signatures for Widgets specification [1]. The test suite is here: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/test-suite/  The WebApps WG is seeking review of the test cases from members of  XMLSec and WebApps, the community at large, as well as any vendors who  are implementing. The deadline for comment is the 30th of September."

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0021.html (Marcos)

Seeking help generating test with ECDSAwithSHA256 sig

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0022.html (Marcos)

2) Minutes Approval

Approve 7 September 2010 minutes

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Sep/att-0005/minutes-2010-09-07.html

Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 7 September 2010 approved.

3) XML Signature 2.0 - X509SerialNumber child of  X509IssuerSerial

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0025.html , ACTION-649, ACTION-650, ACTION-651 (Thomas)

4) XML Signature 2.0 - updating examples

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0024.html (Meiko)

5) XML Signature 2.0 - other

5a) ISSUE-183 resolution proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0026.html

6)  XPath profile

6a) Accept proposed update from Meiko?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0013.html (Meiko)

6b) review comments, other

7) Best Practices

7a) Add proposed update from Meiko?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0014.html (Meiko)

8) C14N2

9)  Additional action and Issue Review

9a) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

<http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html>

9b) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.

ACTION-643: Meiko Jensen to Propose text for best practices re ISSUE-212, attack noted in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Aug/0020.html

ACTION-644: Meiko Jensen to Propose text for Streaming XPath Profile to note that 1-pass not always possible, giving examples where 1-pass is not possible

ACTION-649: Thomas Roessler to Check in with Michael Sperberg-McQueen about decimal and bignums

ACTION-650: Thomas Roessler to propose choices for X509SerialNumber fix

ACTION-651: Thomas Roessler to Summarize errata process and RESOLUTION A versus C

ACTION-653: Frederick Hirsch to Review status of ISSUE-183

ACTION-656: Frederick Hirsch to Contact aleksey re review of 2.0 specs and optionality/conformance

ACTION-657: Frederick Hirsch to Initiate use case review for c14N2

ACTION-663: Frederick Hirsch to Add decisions to next week's agenda from Meiko on Streaming Profile http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0013.html and Best Practices http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Sep/0014.html

ACTION-664: Meiko Jensen to Propose examples for 2.0 mode in XML Signature 2.0

9c)  Issue Review

<http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open>

10) Other Business

11) Adjourn

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

Scribing  list
----------------
Chris Solc, Adobe (26 January 2010, 8 December 2009)
Bruce Rich, IBM (30 March 2010)
Meiko Jensen (11 May, 2010)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (25 May 2010, 6 November 2009 F2F)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (15 June 2010, 25 January 2010)
Cynthia Martin, MITRE (6 July 2010, 2 March 2010)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (27 July 2010, 20 October 2009)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (10 August 2010, 22 June 2010, 13 April 2010)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (17 August 2010, 2 February 2010, 27 October 2009)
Thomas Roessler (31 August 2010, 4 May, 2010, 20 April 2010)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (31 August 2010, 1 June 2010, 24 Nov 2009)
Magnus Nyström, Microsoft (7 Sept 2010, 27 April, 2010, 2 June, 2009)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (7 Sept 2010, 6 November 2009 F2F, 23 June 2009)

Not seen recently:
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (14 July 2009)
John Wray, IBM (15 Dec 2009, 1 Sept 2009)
Sean Mullan, Oracle (12 January 2010, 6 October 2009)
Aldrin d'Souza, EMC (9 Feb 2010)
Karel Wouters IBBT, (9 March 2010)

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')

IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec

Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>
---
Received on Monday, 13 September 2010 20:51:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 13 September 2010 20:51:16 GMT