RE: ISSUE-186: What is the normative content of section 5.4.2? (PBKDF2) [Enc11 (XML Encryption 1.1)]

Well, creating an informational RFC for this PKCS #5 amendment is quite some work. And including the markup seems to create an opportunity for unintended deviations given that you would have the markup in two places.

I do not view the PKCS documents as any more vendor-specific than, e.g. the SECG documents (which we do refer to normatively). The PKCS process is an open one with participation from multiple parties, and one which has been around for a long time as well (almost 20 years!).

Best,
-- Magnus