Re: Another tentative version of the RELAX NG schemas for XML Signature Syntax and Processing (Second Edition)

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:23:48 -0400
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-xmlsec@w3.org" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
To: ext MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Makoto

Thank you for sharing this revised Relax NG schema for XML Signature,
Second Edition.

XML Signature 1.1 [1] adds some additional elements in the new 1.1
namespace, which could require some additional RNG schema.
Specifically, it adds structures for Elliptic Curve algorithms, an
OCSP response in KeyInfo, and a DEREncodedKeyValue type. (I've
attached the XSD schema file for the additions).

Perhaps you could take a look and see what would be needed to create
an XML Signature 1.1 RNG Schema? If so perhaps I should share with the
W3C Device APIs WG, since BONDI 1.01 has defined RNG schemas for XML
Signature [2] and might also  consider to use your latest version.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.htm

[2] http://bondi.omtp.org/1.01/security/xmldsig-core-schema.rnc