W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > October 2009

Agenda: Distributed Meeting 2009-10-20

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:19:50 -0400
Message-Id: <0566E6EF-8852-437A-A8AD-90741CEDE50E@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 20 October 2009
Distributed Meeting #46

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  

Publication Status available at

Chair:  Frederick Hirsch


see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Pratik Datta is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

Scribe Instructions:

1b)   Meeting planning: upcoming meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is   

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:

Next meeting:  27 October 2009, scribe TBD

Important: F2F at TPAC 5-6 November, final registration deadline 21  

For information, WG questionnaire, and registration information see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-f2f

TPAC observers accepted.

Who else plans to attend that has not registered? Please complete WG   


1c) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page

EXI Status Update

1d) Announcements

Request for feedback on visible signatures:

(Juan Carlos)

2) Minutes Approval

Please review minutes, also please indicate corrections in attendance.

13 October 2009 teleconference


3) Editorial Updates

3a) 2.0 FPWD Publication status

Update on publication date and status of publication.

4) Resolve remaining 1.1 Issues, Last Call

4a)  XML Signature 1.1

How to schema validate with 1.0 schema plus 1.1 schema, when a   
validator requires a single schema file (Ed)

close once ACTION-396 completed. (implement http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Oct/0023.html 
  from Henry Thompson)

4b) Issues with SP80056AConcatKDF in XML Encryption 1.1


4c) ECC ISSUE-91 (Elliptic curve)

4d) Last Call Plan


Include XML Signature 1.1, XML Encryption 1.1, XML Security Generic   
Hybrid Ciphers,  XML Signature Properties
Publish a corresponding updated XML Security Algorithms Cross- 
Reference working draft

Plan to agree on entering Last Call during F2F at TPAC with  
resolution  of all issues associated with 1.1

5) 1.1 Interop


Next step planning and request for volunteers to produce test cases.

Please update wiki with plans.

6) Requirements Issues


6a) Proposed changes to requirements


6b) [OPEN] ISSUE-63 : Namespace requirements: undeclarations, QNames,   
use  of partial content in new contexts  - ACTION-389 Gerald propose  

All, need to review Hal's paper, see http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/ws/papers/09-lockhart-bea/

6c) [OPEN] ISSUE-68 : Enable generic use of randomized hashing

Close unless we have a proposal
Call for volunteers, if no proposal will close, ACTION-401, ISSUE-68


6d) [OPEN] ISSUE-131 : Is semantic equivalence robustness in   
requirements  document - ACTION-391 Gerald to see if covered in  
requirements documents

6e) [OPEN] ISSUE-136 : Is normalization of prefixes a goal for 2.0 c14n
Implemented in 2.0 proposal, update for requirements ACTION-402

6f) [OPEN] ISSUE-139 : Need to collect streaming XPath requirements

Action on Pratik to discuss with Michael Kay? (ACTION-403 was for  

6g) Plan to agree at TPAC F2F to publish update to Requirements  

7) XPath Profiling Discussion - WS-Fragment


http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Oct/0031.html (Ed)




8) Updated Relax NG Schema for XML Signature, Second Edition

(Makoto Murata)

Please review.

9) Action review

9a) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before   
or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.
ACTION-365: Scott Cantor to Propose extension point for include/ 
exclude grammar in 2.0 draft

ACTION-387: Gerald Edgar to Propose text for requirements for issue-45

ACTION-399: Thomas Roessler to Ask Ed Simon to review /TR/exi-impacts

ACTION-401: Thomas Roessler to Send note to WG calling for volunteers  
on randomized hashing

ACTION-403: Thomas Roessler to Introduce Pratik D, Michael Kay

9b) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:


Status of actions to review 2.0?

10) Issue review


11) Other Business

12) Adjourn

Scribing  list
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (24 February 2009, 16 July F2F am)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (17  
February 2009, 16 September 2008)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (13 May 2009 F2F am)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (13 May 2009 F2F pm)
Magnus Nyström, EMC (2 June, 2009)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 June 2009,)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (23 June 2009)
Cynthia Martin, MITRE (7 July 2009)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (14 July 2009,)
Chris Solc, Adobe (21 July 2009)
Thomas Roessler/Ed Simon, Invited Expert (11 August 2009)
John Wray, IBM (1 Sept 2009,)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (8 Sept 2009)
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft (22 Sept 2009)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (29 Sept 2009)
Sean Mullan, Sun (6 October 2009, 12 May 2009 F2F am)
Bruce Rich, IBM (13 October 2009, 5 May 2009)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 19 October 2009 14:20:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:55:12 UTC