W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > October 2009

Re: Agenda: Distributed Meeting 2009-10-06

From: Konrad Lanz <Konrad.Lanz@iaik.tugraz.at>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:50:58 +0200
Message-ID: <4ACB3D32.6060006@iaik.tugraz.at>
To: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
CC: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
My regrets, I will only attend on irc ...

Konrad

Frederick Hirsch schrieb:
> Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec)
> Teleconference 6 October 2009
> Distributed Meeting #44
>
> 10-12:00 am Eastern Time
> Information on meeting times in various time zones:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone
>
> Zakim Bridge:
> +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
> IRC Chat:
> irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
> Web-based IRC (member-only):
> <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>
>
> Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is   
> restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the   
> chair.
>
> Publication Status available at
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus
>
> Chair: Frederick Hirsch
>
> Regrets: none
>
> see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings
>
> 1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other
>
> 1a)  Sean Mullan is scheduled to scribe
>
> The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
> through this list.
>
> Scribe Instructions:
> http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html
>
> 1b)   Meeting planning: upcoming meetings
>
> This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
> cancelled.
>
> Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings
>
> Next meeting:  13 October 2009, scribe TBD, Thomas Roessler to chair
>
> Important: F2F at TPAC 5-6 November
>
> For information, WG questionnaire, and registration information see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-f2f
>
> 1c) Liaisons and Coordination
>
> See status at members page
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination
>
> 1d) Announcements
>
> Change to W3C publication rules
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Oct/0000.html
>
> 2) Minutes Approval
>
> Please review minutes, also please indicate corrections in attendance.
>
> 29 September 2009 teleconference
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/09/29-xmlsec-minutes.html
>
> 3) Editorial Updates
>
> 3a) XML Signature 1.1
> none
> 3b) Canonical XML 2.0
> Updated status section
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2009Sep/0038.html 
>   (Frederick)
> 3c) XML Signature 2.0
> update status section for fpwd, updated C14N20 reference
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2009Sep/0037.html 
>   (Frederick)
>
> fixed editorial items for publication
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Sep/0019.html  
> (Shivaram)
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Oct/0001.html  
> (Frederick)
>
> 3d) Web site
>
> Added link to implementations wiki to public and admin pages
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Sep/0049.html  
> (Frederick)
>
> 4) Canonical XML 2.0 and XML Signature 2.0 FPWD
>
> Transition request
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Oct/0002.html
>
> 5) Resolve remaining 1.1 Issues
>
> 5a) General
>
> ISSUE-124
> Does w3c support conformance clauses for specification and minimum  
> conformance levels, how to do properly
>
> 5b) XML Signature 1.1
>
> ISSUE-142
> How to schema validate with 1.0 schema plus 1.1 schema, when a  
> validator requires a single schema file (Ed)
>
> 5c) XML Encryption 1.1
>
> ISSUE-135 Review transforms for encryption
>
> Updated proposal - clarify wording
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Oct/0007.html  
> (Frederick)
>
> ISSUE-137
> Close when ACTION-377 complete.
>
> 5d) Any other XML Signature 1.1 or XML Encryption 1.1 issues to  
> resolve before last call?  Any schema issues to resolve?
>
> 6) 1.1 Interop
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Interop
>
> Next step planning and request for volunteers to produce test cases.
>
> 7) 1.1. Last Call
>
> Planning for Last Call of 1.1
>

> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr#last-call
>
> Include XML Signature 1.1, XML Encryption 1.1, XML Security Generic  
> Hybrid Ciphers,  XML Signature Properties
>
> Also publish an update to XML Security Algorithms Cross-Reference at  
> that time.
>
> 8) Requirements Issues
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html
> [OPEN] ISSUE-9 : Review WS-I BSP constraints on DSig
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-32 : Define metadata that needs to be conveyed with  
> signature, e.g. profile information
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-45 : Multiple or layered signatures
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-60 : Define requirements for XML Security and EXI usage
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-63 : Namespace requirements: undeclarations, QNames, use  
> of partial content in new contexts
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-65 : Define requirements on transforms
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-66 : Which constraints can we impose on xml data model  
> for simplification
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-68 : Enable generic use of randomized hashing
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-127 : Should XML Security WG consider supporting and/or  
> defining EXI canonicalization
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-131 : Is semantic equivalence robustness in requirements  
> document
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-136 : Is normalization of prefixes a goal for 2.0 c14n
>
> [OPEN] ISSUE-139 : Need to collect streaming XPath requirements
>
> 9) Errata
>
> Proposal related to ACTION-297, ACTION-298 and ACTION-320
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Sep/0006.html    
> (Konrad)
>
> 10) 2.0 Review status and discussion
>
> streamable XPath
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Oct/0001.html  
> (Pratik)
>
> 11) Action review
>
> 11a) Close Pending actions
>
> These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before or  
> during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.
> ACTION-359: Frederick Hirsch to Respond to Anders once ACTION-360  
> completed
>
> ACTION-374: Frederick Hirsch to Review ISSUE-135
>
> ACTION-378: Frederick Hirsch to Add Implementations link to public  
> home page
>
> ACTION-379: Frederick Hirsch to Ask on list about interop  
> participation and which topics can be tested
>
> 11b) Open Action Review
>
> Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open
>
> Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions
>
> Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html
>
> 12) Issue review
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open
>
> New issue
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Sep/0041.html  
> (Ed Simon)
>
> 13) Other Business
>
> 14) Adjourn
>
> Scribing  list
> ----------------
> Konrad Lanz, IAIK (24 February 2009, 16 July F2F am)
> Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (17  
> February 2009, 16 September 2008)
> Bruce Rich, IBM (5 May 2009)
> Sean Mullan, Sun (12 May 2009 F2F am)
> Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (13 May 2009 F2F am)
> Pratik Datta, Oracle (13 May 2009 F2F pm)
> Magnus Nyström, EMC (2 June, 2009)
> Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 June 2009,)
> Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (23 June 2009)
> Cynthia Martin, MITRE (7 July 2009)
> Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (14 July 2009,)
> Chris Solc, Adobe (21 July 2009)
> Thomas Roessler/Ed Simon, Invited Expert (11 August 2009)
> John Wray, IBM (1 Sept 2009,)
> Scott Cantor, invited expert (8 Sept 2009)
> Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft (22 Sept 2009)
> Gerald Edgar, Boeing (29 Sept 2009)
>
> regards, Frederick
>
> Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
> Chair XML Security WG
>
>   


-- 
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria
Tel: +43 316 873 5547
Fax: +43 316 873 5520
http://www.iaik.tugraz.at/content/about_iaik/people/lanz_konrad/
http://jce.iaik.tugraz.at/sic/products/xml_security/

Downlaod certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
http://ca.iaik.tugraz.at/capso/certs.jsp



Received on Tuesday, 6 October 2009 12:51:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:44:00 GMT