DEREncodedKeyValue

From: Sean Mullan <Sean.Mullan@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:51:41 -0400
To: XMLSec WG <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
While working on the implementation of DEREncodedKeyValue [1], I am curious as
to why we didn't define (or recommend that) this be a child element of the
existing KeyValue element? We must have discussed this before but I don't
remember. It would seem to be a better place for it, as it is intended to hold a
single public key (same as a KeyValue) and it would fit nicely in the existing
Java APIs for KeyValue, where the underlying DER encoding does not necessarily
need to be exposed to the programmer.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1/#sec-DEREncodedKeyValue