W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > September 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting #5 2008-09-02 v2

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:17:36 -0400
Message-Id: <84A007AC-AF34-448B-A17E-2593C1F33544@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG XMLSec W3C <public-xmlsec@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 2 September  2008
Distributed Meeting #5

v2 update regrets, add recent requirements and v.next proposals,  
update on schema, new issue, update pending actions, reorder

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: John Wray

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Brian LaMacchia is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

     Scribe Instructions:
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting 9 September . Brad Hill is scheduled to scribe.

1c)  Meeting planning: Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee  
Meetings Week, 20 - 24 October 2008

XML Security scheduled Monday 20 October - Tuesday 21 October, please  
add to your calendar
Schedule: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule

TPAC Overview: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Overview.html
Important dates:
Hotel reservation deadline 8 September.

W3C Registration deadline 28 September, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/ 
35125/TPAC2008/

Request for Tech Plenary topics

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Aug/0010.html

1d)  Meeting planning: F2F planning

First F2F in Redwood City, CA, January/February
Please complete questionnaire regarding available dates  
(questionnaire open to 9 Sept)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/xmlsecearly2009/

2) Announcements/Reviews

None

3)  Minutes Approval

3a)  Minutes from 26 August  for approval:
http://www.w3.org/2008/08/26-xmlsec-minutes.html

includes revisions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Aug/0019.html

4) Schema, XML Processing and XML Security

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0057.html

Schema 1.1 and defaultOpenContent

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Aug/0030.html

5a) Impact of Pipeline processing on XML Security Usability

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Aug/0021.html

5b) Need for Pipeline primitives for Signing, Encryption,  
Canonicalization

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0042.html

Relation to transforms?

Additional requirements?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0037.html

6) XML Signature and Canonicalization Use Cases and Requirements

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

6a) Accept initial draft as checked in?

  Review additional proposals

6b) Derived keys (Magnus)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0064.html

6c) Long time archival requirements (Chris)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0001.html

6d) Workflow scenarios (Chris)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0002.html

7) v.next

7a) Transform processing for streamability (Pratik)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0000.html

7b)  remove name in XML end tag?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0019.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0056.html

8) Issues List

Procedure for creating issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#issues

8a) New issues:

ISSUE-48 (DerivedKeyType): No support for derived keys in XML Dsig,  
XML Enc [Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0058.html

ISSUE-50dsig example typo: Missing < in closing DigestValue element  
tag [on Errata-XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/50

8b) Issues List review

Status of current issues list


9) Best Practices

9a) Additional comment

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0054.html  
(Scott)

10) Completed Actions Pending Review

These actions have been completed (marked as pending review by owner  
of action) and may be closed if WG agrees.

Actions pending review are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/ 
2008/xmlsec/track/actions/pendingreview

[pending review] ACTION-12: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review archive  
from maint. group to revisit type issue - due 2008-07-24 [on Rqmts  
(XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/12

[pending review] ACTION-25: Frederick Hirsch to Give feedback on xml  
schema best practice in xml-cg - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/25

[pending review] ACTION-34: Thomas Roessler to Set up questionnaire  
for next meeting - due 2008-08-26 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/34

[pending review] ACTION-40: Chris Solc to Solicit and contribute long- 
time archival requirements - due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts (XML Signature  
and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/40
[pending review] ACTION-41: Chris Solc to Solicit and contribute  
requirements and assumptions from workflow scenarios - due 2008-08-26  
[on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]  
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/41

[pending review] ACTION-42: Thomas Roessler to Elaborate on "any  
document" requirement vs canonicalizing xml:base - due 2008-08-26 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/42

[pending review] ACTION-44: Frederick Hirsch to Send email on  
ordering and layering of xml signatures - due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts  
(XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/44

[pending review] ACTION-46: Thomas Roessler to Arrange CVS access for  
Brad Hill - due 2008-08-20 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/46


11) Open Action item review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/ 
track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

12) Any other business

13) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------

Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ()
Gerald Edgar, Boeing ()
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert ()
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft ()
Robert Miller, MITRE ()
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
Chris Solc, Adobe (17 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Tuesday, 2 September 2008 13:18:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:54 GMT