W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > October 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2008-10-07 v3

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:04:50 -0400
Message-Id: <AEC3ED06-AC42-495A-81D7-B3A3544F1677@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v3
Teleconference 7 October  2008
Distributed Meeting #9

v2 update with proposals, completed work, new issues

v3 update pending actions, note competed items and proposals,  
discussion of f2f schedule

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted  
to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: see upcoming meetings
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Gerald Edgar is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

Scribe Instructions:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

14 October 2008 Teleconference cancelled,
20-21 October 2008 F2F at TPAC.

Draft F2F Agenda, please review:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0067.html

TPAC Registration deadline extension, 12 Oct
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0039.html

2) XProc discussion with Norm Walsh

http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-xmlsec-minutes.html#item03

Background reading material, XProc: An XML Pipeline Language, Editors  
Draft
Sections 1-3
http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html

Security considerations:
http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html#security-considerations

3) Minutes Approval

3a)  Minutes from 23 September 2008  for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-minutes

(original draft was updated, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Oct/0001.html 
  )

4) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

4a) TPAC F2F Scheduling

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0004.html

XForms -  10:30 - noon  Monday 20 October
EXI - 2-3:30 Monday 20 October (note correction, 1 1/2 hours)
WebApps - 11-12 Tuesday 21 October

Background reading
XForms
XForms 1.1
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-all.html

EXI
Previous joint session notes
Held joint session during XML Security Specifications
     Maintenance
WG. (minutes : http://www.w3.org/2007/11/09-exi-minutes.html
Overview slides: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-exi/2007Nov/0002.html
Joint-meeting slides: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-exi/2007Nov/0001.html

WebApps
Seeking feedback on Signature Spec:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0076.html

4b) EXI Nodeset clarification (Pratik)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0035.html  
Pratik
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0037.html  
Michael Kay
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0038.html  
Pratik

4c) F2F planning, rough schedule

2009 F2F: January 13-14 January 2009 at Redwood City, CA USA

5) Best Practices - Completed edits

5a) Updated Best Practices document with revised abstract, status,  
consistent case for "C14N", updated change log, fixed spelling typos,  
added number for best practice that did not have number (renumbered  
practices) (Frederick)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0004.html

5b) Overview and web bug update (Sean)

Removed duplicate Overview paragraph, and made edits suggested in  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0055.html

  ACTION-68, http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/68

Added more details about "web bug" and added a link to Wikipedia  
definition.

5c)  ACTION-71: Update examples with absolute namespace URIs and  
regenerate signatures (Pratik)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0002.html

5d) ACTION-67 (Sean)
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/67

6) Best Practices - proposals and issues

Next steps:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0043.html

6a) ISSUE-55, implementation language proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0068.html,  
Frederick

6b) ISSUE-53, provide synopsis for each practice, rewording, add two  
best practices proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0069.html,  
Frederick

6c) Update titles

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0070.html,  
Sean

6d) ISSUE-56 Add references for timestamping proposal

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0071.html   
Frederick

6e) SOTD proposal, Thomas (ACTION-70)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0008.html


6f) Additional Best Practice  proposals/updates

6g) Update on Best Practices review and plan for publication as First  
Public Working Draft

Any additional proposals or urgent issues?

7)  Use Cases and Requirements

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

7a) Proposal for principles section

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0074.html,  
Frederick

7b) Title and structuring

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0001.html  
Magnus

Suggested modifications, Frederick
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0005.html

7c) Additional proposals?

7d) Open issues review

Review items that did not have proposals sent to list

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0052.html  
(Gerald)

8) WebApps SHA-1 Algorithm

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0077.html,  
Art Barstow, Thomas

9)  v.next

9a) Transform primitives (Konrad)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0000.html,   
Konrad

10) C14N Errata

10a) Namespace prefix undeclaration

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0003.html ,  
Hoylen, Thomas

11) Issues list review

Procedure for creating issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#issues

11a) Resolution to use tracker for issues.

11b) New issues

[OPEN] ISSUE-58 xml-namespace-handling: Handling of xml: namespace  
declarations [on Errata-C14N]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/58

11c) Issues list review , Gerard

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open

12) Completed Actions Pending Review

These actions have been completed (marked as pending review by owner  
of action) and may be closed if WG agrees.

Actions pending review are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/pendingreview

Unless there is any objection, the following actions will be closed at  
this meeting.

[pending review] ACTION-4: Frederick Hirsch to Arrange joint F2F  
meetings - due 2008-08-18 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/4


[pending review] ACTION-19: Gerald Edgar to Evaluate Issues and  
Actions for appropriate placement - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/19


[pending review] ACTION-67: Sean Mullan to Edit best practices to  
implement Scott's and his own changes; see http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-irc#T14-20-33 
  - due 2008-09-30 [on Best Practices for XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/67


[pending review] ACTION-68: Sean Mullan to Implement http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-irc#T14-25-06 
, http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-xmlsec-irc#T14-24-47 - due 2008-09-30  
[on Best Practices for XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/68


[pending review] ACTION-70: Thomas Roessler to Propose disclaimer for  
SOTD - due 2008-09-30 [on Best Practices for XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/70


[pending review] ACTION-72: Frederick Hirsch to Contribute synopsis  
for each best practice - due 2008-09-30 [on Best Practices for XML  
Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/72


13) Open Action item review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

14) Adjourn

Scribing  list
----------------
Gerald Edgar, Boeing ()
Robert Miller, MITRE ()
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
Chris Solc, Adobe (17 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (2 September 2008)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (9 September 2008)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (16  
September 2008)
Thomas Roessler (23 September 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 6 October 2008 15:08:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:55 GMT