W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > December 2007

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2007-12-17 (resend)

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:34:14 -0500
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <907950A7-E654-4654-B06F-7E4A3DFC956E@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 17 December 2007
Distributed Meeting #26

9-10:30 am Eastern Time

(Boston 9am, Dublin 2pm, CET/Paris 3pm)

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets:  Juan Carlos Cruellas

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Bruce Rich is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

     Scribe Instructions (updated):
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning

1c) Next meetings

Meeting schedule is available on WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#meetings

Next meeting 8 January 2008.

No call 25 December or 1 January 2008.

1d)  Request from WAF to review access control
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Nov/ 
0015.html

Hal is reviewing this.

2) Minutes

2a) Review and approval of minutes 2007-12-11 Teleconference

Draft public minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes-public.html

Draft member-only minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes.html

3) WG Charter extended

This XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG has had its charter  
extended to 31 March 2008:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0007.html

4) Updated C14N11 Draft

Updated red-line shared with XML Core, reverting xml:id change,  
shared with XML Core
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0001.html

XML Core updated C14N11
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0008.html

Review of redline changes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0010.html

Please review C14N11 draft.

Would like WG resolutions to respond "yes" from WG to the following  
XML Core dispositions of comments

4a)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0014.html
"The change back to language from C14N 1.0 that is suggested in [1]  
should be applied, as it matches implementation behavior."

Thomas responded "yes",
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0015.html

XMLSec WG confirmation?

4b)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0016.html
xml base fixup language correction

XMLSec WG confirmation?

4c)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0018.html
Appendix A revision

Frederick responded "yes"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0019.html

XMLSec WG confirmation?

5) Interop and Test Cases

5a) Test cases naming changes completed, new section 3.2.4.2, from Sean:

naming: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2007Dec/0001.html

new section and other changes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ 
public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Nov/0028.html

Please review.

Formally accept?

5b) Editorial comments to Test case document and proposed revision to  
abstract

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/ 
0009.html

Accept changes and assign to editors, action item?

5c) Latest C14N11 implementation report
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmldsig/c14n11/report.html

Next steps:
implement links from test case names in report to sections of test  
case document
editorial updates (see agenda 5b)

5d) XML Signature implementation report


6) XML Signature

XML Signature Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/ 
xmldsig-core

6a) Eastlake URI update and namespace document revision
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Nov/ 
0027.html

Discussed on last call to provide link from old namespace page to  
draft as well as RFC.
Update http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more to have additional text:

"This material is also reflected in the latest specification:  
Additional XML Digital Signature URIs. Donald Eastlake 3rd. draft- 
eastlake-additional-xmlsec-uris-00.txt "


7) Chartering

Changes and review of wiki draft, as updated in F2F

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/wiki/charter

7a) Consideration and Implications of possible Derived Key work item?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-discuss/2007Dec/ 
0001.html

See ACTION-122

8) Best Practices

8a) Practices from Workshop and XMLSec meetings

Review status

9) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

[OPEN] ACTION-74: Thomas Roessler to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09

[OPEN] ACTION-112: Thomas Roessler to Prepare interop report template  
- due 2007-11-15

[OPEN] ACTION-115: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review EXI with respect to  
correct XML Security usage - due 2007-12-10

[OPEN] ACTION-122: Hal Lockhart to Propose concrete edit to proposed  
charter to deal with encryption / derived specs - due 2007-12-18

10) Any other business

11) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------

Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007, 21 Aug 07)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007, 9 October 2007)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007, 16 October 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07, F2F 8 Nov 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007, 23 October 2007, F2F 9 Nov 2007)
Pratik Datta (F2F 9 Nov, 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07, 27 Nov 07, 4 December 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007, 30 Oct 2007, 11 Dec 2007)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia
Received on Monday, 17 December 2007 15:35:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:22:03 GMT