RE: automatic namespaces use case

From: Rushforth, Peter <Peter.Rushforth@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:46:24 +0000
To: "liam@w3.org" <liam@w3.org>
CC: "public-xmlhypermedia@w3.org" <public-xmlhypermedia@w3.org>

>> Actually, if you did this:
>>
>> <foo rel="ns" href="http://example.com/mynsresource"
>>    type="application/namespaces+xml">
>>   <bar/>
>> </foo>

>If I did this where exactly?
As your proposal said it could be anywhere in the document, and would apply within that element scope.

>This sounds very like the Unobtrusive Namespaces proposal I had.

My mistake, I thought it was "automatic namespaces". But yes, that's exactly it!  Except with my own touch added in... ;-)  hope that's ok.

>You do need prefixes for attributes sometimes, or a way to mark them.

Sure, as your proposal said if you want them, use them.

Sorry when you're done w Balisage, you can noodle over these ideas a bit more.  Acutally I'm sorry I'm not going to be at Balisage, it would be a great opportunity to discuss XML Hypermedia!  I hope people who attend will come and approach you on the topic.  I know I would.

Peter