Re: some questions for you for tomorrow's xproc mtg re the profiles spec

Grosso, Paul writes:

> Sorry I'm dense about this, and I didn't want to bother you more
> during the tag meeting, but I cannot make the following understandable
> to myself using either the word provision or install or "install in":
>
>  Information provision requirements are specified by reference....
>
>  Faithful provision of the information in the document corresponding
>  to information items and properties in classes ....[1]
>
> Perhaps it is a use of the word with which I am unfamiliar, but I'm
> not getting it, and (he says with only a little bit of hubris) I'm
> guessing there may be a few others who will not get the meaning.
>
> Is there any chance you could suggest a rewording that might be
> more universally understood?

Good point -- that's a form of words I've gotten used to, but it's
definitely _not_ common usage.

> ------------
>
> In section 4.2.3 [2] we're thinking that there cannot be any difference
> in the handling of Unexpanded Entity Reference Information Items between
> the "external declarations" profile and the full profile which means
> that "Unexpanded Entity Reference Information Items" should not be
> listed as a difference in section 4.2.3.  Do you agree?  If not, can
> you explain?

I'll look at it. . .

> Related to this, there was some discussion about just what does happen
> wrt Unexpanded Entity Reference Information Items in either of these
> two profiles.  Can you plan to illucidate us tomorrow?

I can try, but I'm not hopeful -- that's a murky area in both the XML
spec and in practice. . .

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk