W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org > February 2011

Re: XProc Agenda 17 February 2011

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:26:42 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <m2y65ey959.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes

[1]W3C

                                   - DRAFT -

                            XML Processing Model WG

Meeting 189, 17 Feb 2011

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
           Paul, Norm, Henry, Alex

   Regrets

   Chair
           Norm

   Scribe
           Norm

Contents

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Accept this agenda?
         2. [6]Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. [7]Next meeting: telcon, 24 Feb 2011?
         4. [8]Review of XML processor profiles draft
         5. [9]Namespace documents
         6. [10]Any other business?

     * [11]Summary of Action Items

   --------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Accept this agenda?

   -> [12]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-agenda.html

   Accepted.

  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> [13]http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/03-minutes.html

   Accepted.

  Next meeting: telcon, 24 Feb 2011?

   Henry gives regrets for 24 Feb; no other regrets heard.

  Review of XML processor profiles draft

   Norm: Thank you, Henry.

   Paul: I like the way it's going, but I'm still not entirely sure what the
   different classes, A, A', and B are.

   Henry: Yes, I agree. When I started, I thought there'd be one class per
   profile, but that's not the way it worked out. I'll add a gloss.

   Paul: My other two things were even more editorial.
   ... I'm not sure if everyone will understand the distinctions between
   information items and properties and the classes.

   Henry: I'll think about that. I'm not sure an attempt to clarify would
   help.

   Paul: Given that we're thinking of releasing a third edition of the
   Infoset, I wonder if we should make an edition agnostic reference to the
   Infoset.

   Norm: Vojtech also had some questions, but he's not here.

   Henry: I'll try to get John Cowan or Richard Tobin to look carefully at it
   and see if I've got the class annotations correct. Some of these are not
   at all obvious.
   ... In some cases the choices are a little arbitrary.
   ... They could be wrong. I'm going to wait a week and then try to take a
   fresh look.
   ... The question Vojtech asks is a tricky one. I had forgotten I think
   that references isn't just for ID/IDREF.

   Alex: Should processing instruction notation just be X? References is more
   complicated.

   Henry: I really don't like making references implementation dependent.
   This just gets a little messier. As it says several times, this table uses
   items/properties to identify things in the document. There are multiple
   data models.
   ... I'm going to leave notations and unparsed entities as X, but
   ... I really don't like making references implementation dependent. This
   just gets a little messier. As it says several times, this table uses
   items/properties to identify things in the document. There are multiple
   data models.
   ... I'm going to leave notations and unparsed entities as X, but
   ... I'm going to change processing instruction notation to X, but I'll
   split id/idref references and entities/entities notation references into
   two parts.
   ... Everybody should report the references property with respect to IDs,
   that's not negotiable.
   ... Does that sound like it works?

   Norm: I think so...
   ... So, Henry, you're going to prepare another draft for us?

   Henry: Yes. I'm afraid this means another WD though.

   Norm: Yes, but that's fine.

  Namespace documents

   Norm: Mohamed pointed out a few more oversights, anyone else see any
   problems?

   Nobody says so.

   Norm: Ok, I'll fix the problems Mohamed pointed out and try again.

  Any other business?

   Alex: Do we have an XProc meeting planned at XML Prague?

   Henry: I've agreed to do a 10 minute slot about processor profiles.

   Alex: It would be nice to get some feedback.

   Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

   --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.135 ([15]CVS
    log)
    $Date: 2011/02/17 15:25:55 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-agenda
   3. http://www.w3.org/2011/02/17-xproc-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-minutes#ActionSummary
  12. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/17-agenda.html
  13. http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/02/03-minutes.html
  14. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  15. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Thursday, 17 February 2011 15:27:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 17 February 2011 15:27:17 GMT