RE: New draft of XML Processor Profiles

[mailto:public-xml-
> processing-model-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Henry S. Thompson
> Sent: Tuesday, 2011 February 15 11:20
> To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
> Subject: New draft of XML Processor Profiles
>
> For your review:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xml-proc-profiles.html
>
> This draft (with diff-markup) reflects my efforts to address the
> information-reporting problem.  I think it has actually simplified the
> way the document works, since by classifying the infoitems and
> properties I was able to list them only once.

I like the new direction, but I think it could use a bit
more explanation in places.

The intro to section 3 mentions class X and P, but says
nothing about A, A', or B.

It also could be made clearer that the A/A'/X next to the
information item refers to the status of that entire II
whereas the letters next to the various II properties
refer to the status of those properties.  (Not everyone
is completely conversant with Infoset terminology.)

Finally, since we plan to release a 3rd Edition of the
Infoset within the next 6 months but it is very unlikely
the basic content of the spec will change in any way that
will affect the processor profile use of it, we might consider
changing all our references to the Infoset to be edition-agnostic.

paul